Friday, October 18, 2013

Beloved B-town

Let me introduce you to one of my favorite places on earth, Bloomington, Indiana. It's a surprisingly diverse and booming town considering its placement, nestled in the Southern Indiana hills. The possible activities you can do are endless, anywhere from attending a basketball game (you can't be in Indiana without doing that) to visiting a Tibetan Buddhist Monastery...and literally everything in between. It's also the proud home of my alma mater, Indiana University. 

I was back in town recently so I made sure to hit up some of my favorite spots...most of which are restaurants. It's hard not to love them all. Bloomington has every kind of food you'd ever want. For lunch Mom and I headed to Farm. It's menu changes with the seasons and focuses on fresh, local ingredients.

The decor resembles an eclectic, old farm house, but I've always described it as Anthropologie in restaurant form.


Everyone likes having all their ducks in a row.

I found this appropriate, notice the Octagonal Barn which looks just like the one our friend Morgan was just married in.

Farm Fries are a must. They're seasoned with parmesean, garlic, and a little bit of chili flakes for a kick.

The aptly named Big Red Pizza. #goiu



Well this tree sure won't get cold this winter thanks to the Bloomington hippie community...and I mean that in the most loving way possible.

It was a beeeeautiful day on campus, then again every Fall day is beautiful at IU.

The beloved (or maybe not so beloved) Wells Library. I spent many more hours here than I would like to think about.

Memorial Hall. It just so happens that my favorite building on campus was where many of my classes were held.



This building houses three of my faves. Laughing Planet is a burrito joint that preaches local and organic ingredients. Soma is an edgy/eclectic coffee shop in the basement. Cactus Flower is a little boutique with awesome vintage finds upstairs.

Behold the Runcible Spoon. We love this place for breakfast, Salmon Eggs Benedict and Mimosa pitchers to be exact.


Nick's is a Bloomington staple. All true Hoosiers go there for a beer and Sink the Biz fries, what is it with Indiana and fries? Sink the Biz is an infamous drinking game invented here, you definitely need to play that while there also.

The Sample Gates are iconic IU. They're sort of the gateway into campus.

One day I'll take you back for a campus-only tour. It's so beautiful with loads of photo ops.

XO,
Lo
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment