Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cookie Monster

Well if you haven't caught on thus far I have a bit of a sweet tooth turning me into a ravenous, unstoppable dessert loving monster. At the beginning of the summer I had the privilege of tasting the best cookie known to man, made by my homegirl Emilie. This really is saying a lot because I am incredibly loyal to my mama's cookie making abilities. I felt some serious guilt asking for this recipe feeling an incredible amount of betrayal to my own family recipe.

On the other hand it just didn't seem fair not to share this mouth watering cookie with all of you. Not to mention the whole blogging about baking isn't really that big of a sacrifice. It basically gives me a good excuse to eat cookie dough...justification I can live with.

So Thursday night was the season opener for Ole Miss football. My girl Alex and I decided to do a little baking before the game...cookie tailgating I suppose. She was the baker in this blogging story. I was her sous baker if I can even take credit for that. I really just took pictures and ate spoonfuls of dough.

Not only are these cookies insanely delicious but easy as pie to make. Just dump all the ingredients into one bowl and mix.


Yes, two sticks of butter makes all the difference in the world.












This is Amber. If dogs could talk I think it would go a little something like this..."Hey guys, watchya doin'?"


"Can I have some too?" Bless her heart


We are peanut butter and chocolate lovers so we got a little crazy with the chips.


Let me start by saying this, I am perfectly aware that I have a double chin. It has little to do with the camera angle and a lot to do with the fact I love cookie dough, chocolate, cupcakes, doughnuts, etc. Let's just say I have to run aaaaa loooottt to find some sort of balance. Life is too short not to enjoy all the sweetness.







Make sure to pull them out when they are just golden around the edges. This is the trick to their ewwy gooey goodness.




The gal behind the recipe. Girlfran can make a mean cookie.



Ole Miss earned themselves a victory. I will gladly take the credit and say that it had everything to do with these lucky cookies ;)

Here's the recipe:

2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 bag (about 6-7 oz) mini chocolate chips
1/2 bag (about 6-7 oz) peanut butter chips

Mix everything together except the chips. Then throw those in and mix again (wooden spoon really does the trick!). We used an ice cream scoop for giant cookie size on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes, and take them out of the oven just before they start to get brown on the edges.

Happy Eating!!!

XOXO,
Bee

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment