Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Vineyard Vines Affair

This Saturday was one for the books. Two of my favorites, Alex + Casey, threw quite the shindig for their newly engaged friends, Vince + Ashley.
The darling couple (pictured just below) have quite the love for Vineyard Vines apparel. It seemed only fitting to throw them a party to celebrate tying the knot. It was a picture perfect Southern affair painted with whales, stripes, sweets for days, and the preppiest of dress codes.
Not a detail was forgotten as laughs were shared, sweets indulged, and drinks consumed. To top it off there was a rotating musical act that did anything but disappoint. It was a recipe for success.



My sweet friend Amanda made these delectable and adorable cookies to suit the theme. They tasted as good as they looked! I unfortunately wasn't quick enough and only got my hands on one. (If you are in need for some sweet treats for a party I can hook you up!)




 Nobody was thirsty...




 These little devils were my demise. Strawberry mini cupcakes with cream cheese icing. So sweet and so little. How many little baby cupcakes does it take to make one BIG cupcake? I tell myself double digits.



 The tambourine man.


Ted just watch dogging.


The darling bride-to-be. Isn't she pretty?


Amanda, sister of the groom and sweet Allison.


Well it wouldn't be a party without games now would it.


It would appear that not everyone in this picture is impressed with my musical talents. A little insulting if I do say so myself.


 The host doing his very manly duty of grilling. The kabobs were delectable.


Amanda (sister of the groom) + Josh (best man) battled it on the quiz of who knows Vince + Ashley better. It was a close race one by the best man himself. The tie breaker was the insanely long list of nicknames for Vince. 


Alex, the hostess, just hostessing :)

The happy couple.


Love was in the air apparently as Alex + Casey, the newly married party throwers, clearly can't get enough of each other. 


The first act, Myla Smith. I really dug her.





 Act 2 of the rotating musical act, Jeff Prewitt. Also a winner.




Father and daughter.


Some could use a lesson in photography.


My Memphis family



 Mother and daughter love


The engiNERD, Casey, engineered these wine bottle tiki torches. Pretty dang cool. 


 The third and final act for our little outdoor concert, Caleb + Jo. A truly talented group. If you are in the Memphis area, I highly recommend.


 A little ambiance.



It was a memorable evening and one I doubt the bride and groom will forget. I have already informed Casey + Alex that I expect the same treatment in party quality when I convince some bloke to marry me. They are good friends to have. Get in line folks! 

XOXO,
Bee

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment