Thursday, July 11, 2013

Jewels

I’d like to think that I’m a pretty productive person, but one look at all the half drafted patterns, semi-constructed dresses, and piles of beads lying around my house proves otherwise. Like I’ve said before, I have a million design ideas going on in my head at any given time. If one of these projects makes it out of my imagination and to the final, physical object, you know it’s one I reeeally love. My jewelry-making project is one that I’ve given priority to this summer. I’ve been wanting to open an etsy store for quite some time now, and after sifting through a lot of different ideas for it I decided to start with jewelry. The first day I started to make a necklace left me sitting with a pile of beads wishing I had opted to take the accessories design class back in school. Oh well, after a lot of trial and error (and I mean a lot) I’ve finally made some pieces worth sharing and opened my very own Etsy store! Here’s a glimpse into my process.


My workspace leaves much to be desired. But hey I like to say "From chaos comes beauty"...... Actually, I just use that as an excuse for how messy it is.



Here's a peek at the necklace i'm working on right now. This charming little brooch found me at an antique store and I knew I needed it. I love the black, gold, and green color combo so much I might end up keeping it for myself. 


Some more of my necklaces.




Lately i've been super inspired by semiprecious stones. They are a perfect accessory for any summer outfit. I have some big plans for these statement necklaces. Being a stacker, I tried my hand at making some bangles with these little gems. I love these because you can wear one, two, or ten at a time.


These are my newest stones. Can't wait to create with them!



It's up and running! Check me out on Etsy.


XO,
Lo


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the broach necklace finished! And if you don't keep it for yourself, I'm snatching it right up hehe!

    ReplyDelete