Monday, July 15, 2013

Artsy

Recently my mom and I took a mini roadtrip to Indianapolis to visit our good friend Stacey. We love her because she's one of the only people who likes to shop as much as we do. We love her for other reasons too of course, but that's a big one. We're in Indy a lot but realized that we haven't really taken advantage of some of the great museums and such that the city has to offer, so this trip we decided to check out the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Don't worry though, we still managed to fit in plenty of shopping.

We started our day with brunch at Petite Chou in Broad Ripple. This is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Indy. Everything I've ever had here has been so good and I love its chic environment.


If a restaurant has these cafe style chairs, I automatically love it.


By now you know that I won't have a post without coffee.


Mom scouring the menu. I promise she wasn't even posing for this.


I ordered the fries to "share"...aka I ate well over half the bowl. They're fried in duck fat and served with dijonnaise. For all my IU peeps, they're basically a fancy version of Nick's fries. So yum.


English pea and salmon tartine...pretty and delicious!


Stacey's crepe with spinach, mushroom, and goat cheese. Our waitress said it this was her favorite thing on the menu, and she knows what she's talking about.


After sufficiently stuffing our faces, we headed to the IMA.

The museum had a really beautiful lobby. We got distracted by it for a little while before we realized we needed to actually see the rest of the museum.


I was feeling really inspired by the wall of color.



It appears as if we're having a deep discussion about this painting, but really I think we were saying "look at the pretty colors".


It's no surprise I was most looking for to the textile and fashion section. The current exhibit is Majestic African Textiles, and it didn't disappoint.




This is a look at some of the popular dress silhouettes throughout history. I was feeling pretty good about myself at this point because I had learned about (and surprisingly remembered) all of this this in my history of fashion class back in college.


A much needed coffee and cookie break.


The museum grounds are a work of art themselves. This is the Lilly house. I wouldn't mind calling this home.


A little off topic, but I just happened to be wearing two of my latest accessory obsessions, so I wanted to give you guys a look. The sunglasses are inspired by Prada. I found them at a boutique in Chicago, but you can get the real deal here. The gold link bracelet is from J. Crew and I've been wearing it with literally everything. You can't go wrong with a classic.


One last thing, the famous love sculpture by Robert Indiana. It's a popular spot for engagement pics and proposals...can't imagine why ;)


XO,
Lo


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment