Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chicago

Wedding season is upon us, at least in my friend group. This summer is full of weekends of wedding-related activities. This past weekend I ventured to the windy city for my friend Alyson's bachelorette party (she's the wedding i'm making the bridesmaid dress for). After a relaxing Friday night in her new apartment in the 'burbs, we headed into the city.

First things first, we have to get coffee.


Foggy morning in the city.


We spent the afternoon roaming the Andersonville area. It's full of hip shops and cafes. We stopped for lunch at Kopi, an eclectic travel themed cafe. I was in heaven.


Dying over this light fixture



I had the baked mozzarella bruschetta. It was so delicious and only re-enforced my theory that mozzarella is one of the best foods on the planet.


A doggie food truck? Genius.



We're all dog lovers so of course we had to stop and love on Humphrey, the Newfoundland.



All our meandering really wore us out, so we had to stop for a wine break at Acre.



Saturday night we got all dolled up and headed out on the town in Wrigleyville. But first we stopped for sushi at Agami.



The bachelorette and her MOHs.


Now normally I just want my sushi to have spicy mayo and maybe some crunchies on top, but setting it on fire is bringing it to a whole new level.


Sunday morning it was beautiful outside, so we enjoyed our hike through town to the train.




XO,
Lo

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment