Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Goodwill Hunting

I was feeling a little thrifty so I headed over to the local Goodwill on the hunt for some hidden treasures. I went in looking for some knick knacks and walked out with an armful of gems. I planned on scouring the store for some old jeans that I could salvage, cut, and shred into some cool frayed jean shorts...just tryin' to be trendy. I then remembered I am not that crafty or patient so I opted for the pre-frayed pair.



When life hands you lemons make lemonade...or attempt juggling. Whatever floats your boat.




On top of my little shorty shorts, I also found an off the shoulder gray sweater/sweatshirt. It was $2.99 so I figured I could use it for something. Doesn't look too shabby now does it?


Pretty excited


Like I said before I am not crafty. It's not because I'm not good at it. I just don't have the patience. So, when I found this frame for a whopping $1.99 I thought maybe I could make some sacrifices for my lovely readers. And so I did...

The idea was to turn this boring frame into a chalkboard so I could leave inspiring messages to myself...yeah that's not true. I really just like the colored chalk.



The Italian in me is obsessed with gold. It seemed only fitting to bling the frame out.



And this my friends is where I got really bored. My exact thought process was, "People actually do this for fun?" So I took a nap...


I am not a quitter and by golly I was going to finish that chalkboard! So I kept on...I didn't document myself spray painting the thick card stock because I have quite the knack for gettin' paint all over myself. To prove that I remained committed to the project here is how it turned out.



Not too shabby huh? Notice the colored chalk art, if you will.

Last but not least, I discovered some indigo glass vases. I am a fanatic for anything blue. It's such a pleasant color if I do say so myself. 

I added some yellow daisies, well because daisies are happy flowers. Who doesn't want to be happy?







Well, that's all folks. If you are feeling a little adventurous get out there and do some Goodwill Huntin'. Look at how Southern I am becoming...went on my first huntin' trip ;) Ok fine, not the same but still hard work.

XOXO,
Bee


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Jess!!! LOVE your finds!!! You're such a doll and I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete