Tuesday, July 9, 2013

So. Indiana Day One

It had been quite some time since I had trekked anywhere North of the Mason Dixon Line, but this Yank was gleeful about spending the holiday weekend back home in the heartland. I put the pedal to the metal and met the brother in Nashville. We blasted the tunes, ate our sammies, and ventured up North for what was sure to be four days of uninterrupted bliss. Ma and Pops really lay on the pampering for their little chicks...I gladly oblige.

We got in late. The air was cool and brisk with an eerie fog settling in over So. Indiana. We rolled the windows down and breathed in the farmland, feeling an overwhelming nostalgia for teenage summer nights country cruisin'. Being the old folks we are we dragged our suitcases in and crashed.

One of my favorite things to do when I'm home (less stuffing my face with Mom's homecookin') is to wake up early and hit the pavement with a light jog. The summer is the best with brisk, dewey mornings. The scenery is not bad either.   



Ma's got a heck of a green thumb. I have proof that's not genetic.





Ma spoils us rotten with some delicious grilled shrimp, veggies, and local corn on the cob. My dad is one lucky bloke.



A little cayenne for a kick







Like Mother like daughter. 


The way to my heart...sweets


Stuffed and feeling a little heavier it seemed only appropriate to go play outside. Out came the clubs.




Some are better than others...I'm saving my own embarrassing story for later. Let's just say I'm far off from being country club groomed.



I later visited the newest addition to my best girl Mere's family. His name is Hudson. After countless snapchats, texts, and Insta photos I finally met the little fella who was sure to steal my heart. It was love at first site. 


These four days were so eventful I couldn't pack them all into one post. Stay tuned for more. It starts off relaxing but like any great weekend, it only gets more entertaining. Because I like ya, I'll make sure you don't miss a beat.

XOXO,
Bee




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment