Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Zionsville

Here's another peek at my recent Indianapolis weekend. We explored the charming little burb of Zionsville. This, along with the IMA, is something that I don't normally take the time to visit in my Indy trips. Its brick paved Main Street lined with boutiques and restaurants will keep me coming back for sure.



Nothing makes me happy quite like a wall of colorful scarves.


I was pretty enamored with this little church, particularly the gingerbread trim and the stained glass windows.





 This book store also doubles as a travel agency. The book store was closed but the travel agent was nice enough to let us meander through the books for a few minutes. I wanted to stay a few hours.




 Tucked in the back of the store was this little room dedicated to a local artist. I love all the colorful floral prints.


Everything I'm sportin' has been in my closet for a bit, but I did my best to find look alikes.
Dress- h&m (similar look here) Vest- Forever 21 (similar here) Bag- Kate Spade


Lesley Jane had some great vintage inspired dresses and interesting store fixtures. 


Lunchtime at Cobblestone Grill started with a caprese stack that used a really yummy aged balsamic vinegar.

I went for the duck tacos because they sounded like an interesting flavor combo: blackberry salsa, avocado, and goat cheese. They were savory and super delicious.


 The little patio all to ourselves!



For dinner we went to Rick's Cafe Boatyard, an Indianapolis staple set right on Eagle Creek Reservoir. It's like a little piece of New England in Indiana.


I had the Summer Goat Cheese Salad made with prosciutto, strawberries, olive oil, and pistachio encrusted goat cheese. Yes, goat cheese again. I kinda love it. 


I spent most of my time there running around the huge deck taking pictures and trying to fight off the gloomy weather.


Maxi dress- Jessica Simpson (similar here) Shoes- Prabal Gurung for Target (similar styles here) Bracelet- J. Crew

XO,
Lo

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment