Monday, March 3, 2014

Top Frocks: Oscars

It's heeeeere! The Oscars are like my Super Bowl. It's the perfect combination of fashion/movies/hollywood/everything I love. I thought this year was especially great films like Great Gatsby and American Hustle nominated. Ellen DeGeneres is hands down the best host ever. I mean, she's now responsible for the most epic selfie of all time.

 I basically planned my week around the Oscars, so Sunday evening I settled in with some popcorn, a glass of wine, and lots of anticipation. It didn't disappoint. Here are my favorites from the red carpet:

Honorable Mention: Catt Sadler in Pamella Roland
Sadly, she didn't get much red carpet coverage because she hosted the early stages of E!'s all-day coverage, but I really loved her gown. I though it was unique, a little unexpected, and glamorous. Sidenote: I'm also a big fan of hers because she's a fellow IU grad (Go Hoosiers!).


5. Lara Spencer in KAUFMANFRANCO
Ok so maaayyyybe I'm a little bit biased on this one, but this is truly a really cool dress! There's some very intricate beadwork going on here.

 4. Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen
I'm always a McQueen fan. The structural draping on this dress is gorgeous, and paired with the royal navy color it's perfect. She looks very Oscar-worthy.

3. Olivia Wilde in Valentino
Maybe a surprising pick for the #3 spot, but I think she looks so simple, chic, and a little mod. I love how she embraced her baby bump as well. I think she's very understated cool.

2. Lupita Nyong'o in Prada,
She has been one of my favorites all awards season long. This made me a little reluctant to include her yet again, but SHE WORE A HEADBAND TO THE OSCARS! I love it. I love her. I love headbands...also the color and pleating of her dress. Not to mention her speech was so eloquent, she earned some major points in my book.

1. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior (of course)
I firmly believe that if we were to meet, we'd be best friends. I'm sure you all feel this way as well. She usually wears Dior and always looks fantastic, but her red number last night fit perfectly and was perfect for the Oscar's red carpet. I'm really a fan of her back-draped necklace trend (she did the same thing last year). Perhaps I'll start rocking it myself. 




I'm sad that awards season is finally over, but it went out with a bang!

XO,
Lo
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment