Friday, June 28, 2013

Fair Play


In rural Midwest your county’s status is determined by one thing: the size of its county fair. It’s the hallmark of summer ‘round these parts, and this week it rolled into town. Now normally if I venture to a fair it’s only for the food (duh), but this year I had a more important reason. A good family friend participated in the queen contest, so a group of family and friends gathered to cheer her on. Spoiler alert: she won!

I was given the family camera to snap some pics of Ellie during the contest. I now like to think of myself as “Official Photographer to the Queen” ;).




A fair is not a fair without a lemon shake-up




You can bet that I stocked up on all the classic fair food. I'll only include this one so you don't know how much I actually consumed. 


 Pretty friends


Mom and sisters anxiously awaiting the contest results


The coronation, congrats Ellie!


On official camera duty




Cute sisters in a whole lotta J. Crew


Yes, they're all in the same family (and they're even missing a kid)




Papaw taking the kids on their first ever ferris wheel ride!



They weren't even scared. It was a fun end to a perfect Midwestern summer night.

XO,
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment