Friday, August 30, 2013

Brooklyn


Sadly our last day together has come. Shayda and Katie headed out early but Ceci, myself, and a few of our NYC friends went to brunch at tbsp.


Maddie had the Cinnamon French Toast made with brioche bread. I think she ate the bacon first and avoided the fruit altogether :)


I had huevos rancheros. Mmmmmm


Meet Ceci's friends, Alejandro and Anil. They're clearly lovin' the brunch spread.


After brunch we all parted ways and I headed to Brooklyn with Maddie, who I'll be staying with for the rest of my trip. We spent the afternoon doing Brooklyn-y things, like lounging outside with drinks and ice pops....


 ...and playing air hockey with the new table Maddie found on a stoop. Moose was probably better at the game than the two of us.


We spent the evening watching the VMAs, which were actually being held right down the street from us.



Loved all the charming townhouses on the tree-lined streets.





Maddie had been going on about this life-changing pizza place in Brooklyn. It's called Lucali and it's one of those tiny little places that you sit practically on top of the person at the next table, but it's worth because the food is so good. They have a specific list of topping options each night. After much debate we landed on half artichoke/garlic and half pepperoni/hot pepper. Still deciding which half was my favorite.





She had been raving about their dessert calzone. It's stuffed with ricotta cheese and topped with nutella, honey, salt, and powdered sugar. I made friends with the staff and they were fans of the fact that i'm a blogger, so they gave us two desserts instead of the just one we ordered. I thought that I wouldn't be able to finish a whole one alone....


...but clearly that wasn't a problem. It was melt in your mouth good. Sweet, creamy, and just a little bit of saltiness.


Brooklyn was a nice little breather from the hustle and bustle of the city, but there's STILL so much left to do. Be sure to check back for the last two days of my adventures!

XO,
Lo

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment