Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Burger Republic

Those of you who haven't quite figured me out yet might think that I live in Nashville simply because I am there so often. I in fact live in Memphis. Let me say this, I love Memphis. Culturally Memphis exudes all things Southern. I often find my self shocked upon all the little nuances that this Southern melting pot has revealed. 

Nonetheless, my first Southern love is Nashville, and my brother so conveniently lives in the heart of Tennessee. I find myself venturing over for the weekend every now and then to get my fix. This weekend we tried out a Nashville gem, Burger Republic, hidden far outside of the city in Lenox Village. It is growing in popularity with a wall signed by Southern celebs like Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, etc. They would't let me sign the wall. Apparently they don't appreciate my blogging celebrity status. 
Sometimes these raved about spots don't live up to the hype, but this one surely did as we nearly made ourselves sick stuffing our faces.




We started with the fan favorite Tater Tot Fondue. The tots were perfectly crisp (way better than the dump and bake found in the frozen food aisle). For added pleasure they came with a loaded bake potato fondue. We're talkin' cheese, sour cream, chives, and bacon. 
Some of us were a little over zealous (Jared).



We washed it down with our sweet teas, which happened to be my only complaint. The sweet tea itself wasn't all that sweet and a little watery. I ordered an unsweetened so I could dump in sugar to my hearts content. Unfortunately I had to choose between raw sugar (which doesn't dissolve) and Splenda (I don't do artificial). Rarely is it difficult to get a tall glass of tasty sweet tea in the South, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. 



Our fascinating conversation hmmm. 


Then came the burgers! I got the Burger Republic cooked medium, rare and topped with Vermont aged white cheddar, Guinness braised bacon and onions, lettuce, tomato, and Republic sauce on a Brioche bun. 


My you don't know how to press a button face?


First bite was not disappointing. This is not somewhere I would go if I was trying to impress a dude with my etiquette.


Jared got the Buy the Farm burger. It was cooked medium, rare with lettuce, tomato, onion, smoked gouda, fried organic egg (cooked perfectly), red pepper relish, and bacon

Heinz 57 french fry potato (my one Jimmy Buffett reference).




I will now take the opportunity to relish in some sibling love/rivalry by picking on my brother when he cannot defend himself. Being the manly man that he claims to be, he was struggling to get through the first half of his burger. 


He claims he ate significantly more tots. 


I claim he is a little girl. And so he responds no no no...



I am an honorary member of the clean plate crew (less the fries)


Seeing that we are extremely competitive with each other. I am going to chalk this one up as a win. I even had time to photograph the whole meal before he was done. 



Overall it was wildly successful and delicious as we were miserable the rest of the afternoon coping with very full stomachs. I highly recommend. Who knows you might run into someone famous too.

XOXO,
Bee

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment