Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Librarian

I was hopelessly wandering and traveling there for a bit, but I am back in Memphis still trying to get back in my groove. 

Recharging and laying low I found myself meandering through a book store with a heaping stack

I mean there is nothing quite like getting lost in a book, taken to another world. The nerd in me finds them to be utterly magical. 

First up on my must read list is Z, which comes highly recommended by my dear friend Alex. You have seen her pop up on here a time or two. Her taste is impeccable, so I have no doubt this will be a riveting tale of F. Scott Fitzgerald's leading lady set in a wildly romantic era . 
Apparently I have been living under a rock because I did not learn about this heroine until just a mere few weeks ago. Malala Yousafzai's courage will be remembered for the ages.
I find Malcom Gladwell books to be mystifying. I really just cannot get enough. They give me brief moments of courage to take risks. 
A classic for the repertoire. Who doesn't love a great American writer?
An inspiration to be unconventional.

These were just the few that made the short list. I am sure these little treasures will not encourage early bedtimes. Nothing a second or third cup of Joe can't fix when the morning comes.

XO,
Bee

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment