Monday, January 27, 2014

Top Frocks: 2014 Grammy Awards

The Grammy Awards combine two of my favorite thing, music and fashion, all wrapped into one. This year sure didn't disappoint from the surprise Beyonce/ Jay-Z opening to Taylor Swift's incredibly intense hair flipping. I'm always interested in the Grammy red carpet because musicians tend to throw in some funky, eyebrow raising looks. Here are my top picks.

5. Giuliana Rancic in Alex Perry
    G always has great dresses for her red carpet hosting gig. (Yes, I call her G because I think I've
    watched enough E! news to feel like we're friends). My favorite part of this dress is the halter neck.

4. Katy Perry in Valentino
    I had to include a little funky. Normally I wouldn't have been so interested in this dress, but I just saw
    it in Valentino's show from Paris couture week and seeing on the runway gives a whole different 
    perspective. That, plus my nerdy, piano-playing self formed a weird attachment to the sheet music
    skirt.


3. Chrissy Teigen in Johanna Johnson
    Very glam and lots of sparkles. She looks like a Grammy award herself.

 2. Taylor Swift in Gucci
     So sparkly and chic. I love that this dress is a simple silhouette but with intricate beading.

1. Taylor Swift in Alberta Ferretti
    Yep, I did it. I had a long internal debate as to whether I could put Taylor as my number 1 and 2, but
    then I realized it's my own blog post so I can do whatever I want :).  I am a big Taylor fan, but that's 
    not why I picked these two. In fact, I'm often pretty underwhelmed by her fashion choices, but I 
    genuinely loved both her Grammy looks more than any of the other gowns. The draping and jewels 
    on this dress were perfection and it was the right choice for her dramatic performance.

XO,
Lo



Pin It Now!

2 comments: