Monday, January 20, 2014

Top Frocks: SAG Awards

Admittedly, I take award show red carpets way too seriously. I think I made that obvious with my Golden Globe post. So when I tell you I was very underwhelmed by the SAG Awards red carpet, you can imagine how disappointed I really was. There were of course several beautiful dresses, but just not as many wow moments as I had anticipated. Luckily, the Oscars are coming up and everyone will be going all out. In the meantime, here are my favorites from this past weekend.

5. Michelle Dockery in J. Mendel
    Like I said before, she always makes my favorite red carpet looks. Maybe I should become her 
    stylist? I think so.

4. Sofia Vergara in Donna Karan
    True glam. I'm especially a fan of her necklace. When I started watching for my favorite dresses, this
    was the first one that caught my eye, maybe it was all the sparkles.

3. Malin Akerman in Naeem Khan
    I'm a huge Naeem Khan fan and I feel like he isn't worn enough on red carpets. He always uses
    interesting fabrics and embroidery that have a very tribal/bohemian feel. I gave this look bonus points
    for adding some individuality to an otherwise underwhelming red carpet.

2. Lupita Nyong'o in Gucci
    I looooooove this color, not to mention the interesting floral details. The fit is perfect on her as well.

1. Isla Fisher in Oscar de la Renta
    The dress itself is beautiful, but it was really the overall look that made me pick this as my favorite. 
    Not to mention, she was styled by Rachel Zoe, who I'm only just a little bit obsessed with.


XO,
Lo


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment