Monday, January 13, 2014

Top Frocks: 2014 Golden Globes

For me, awards season is the only thing that makes January a bit more bearable. I get caught up in all the hollywood glam and hype of who will win what. My favorite part is the red carpet though. I've been known to watch E! network's 15 hour pre-show coverage and I'm not even ashamed (ok so 15 hours is a bit of an exaggeration, but they do drag it out for a really long time). I always mentally rank my top 5 dresses and think about what my argument would be if I were a host on Fashion Police, but luckily I now have this blog to make that seem less weird. After much deliberation, here are my top picks for the 2014 Golden Globes:

Honorable Mention: Amy Adams in Valentino
   Va-va-voom. I'm a fan of how she's channeling her American Hustle character in this 70s inspired 
    look. I'll be honest, I initially wasn't digging this look quite as much as Bee, but what are we if not a
    team here at Lo + Bee? :) Besides, you can't go wrong with Valentino.


5. Emma Watson in Dior
    I think anything she wears is automatically cool, but rocking pants on the red carpet is one of her
    hipper choices. I was also very jealous of how perfectly applied her lipstick was. 


4. Michelle Dockery in Oscar de la Renta
    Somehow she always makes my top 5 for red carpet looks. Oscar de la Renta designed the perfect
    red carpet ready look with this princess-like silhouette.

 3. Naomi Watts in Tom Ford
     The perfect combo of chic and sparkly.

2. Emma Roberts in Lanvin
    I heavily debated whether Emma Roberts' or Sofia Vergara's black dress/ turquoise jewelry look was
    better. I finally decided on Emma's. The silhouette won me over on this one, plus I have a weakness
    for turquoise jewelry

1. Julie Bowen in Carolina Herrera 
     Yes, yes, yes. Julie Bowen always has original red carpet looks. This dress grabbed my number one
      spot because 1) it's beautiful 2) it's stands out from the crowd. And I mean, look how tiny it makes
      her waist look. My favorite details are the sleeves and color combo.


I've decided to keep the fashion policing going all awards season long, so check back for my SAG Awards picks from next weekend!

XO,
Lo

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment