Monday, June 16, 2014

Serendipity

This past week one of my favorite mother-daughter duos, Jeni and Caroline, were in the Big Apple. Luckily, they love food and fun as much as me, so we had a week full of just that. Our first stop was Serendipity, an institution in NYC. It's been around since 1954. It's always been on my list but I hadn't yet visited. Jeni and Caroline have always raved about it, so I was pretty excited for my first experience.


I would describe the decor as a little girl's dream playroom, with lots of colors and whimsical decorations.


A flying monkey made of grass? ok. It fit right in.

Serendipity has a massive dinner menu (literally) but what they're really known for is their over-the-top desserts.


That's, like, a whole chicken....in her bowl. But you can never have enough fried chicken.

I was in the mood for some comfort food and opted for the chicken pot pie.

I think someone who drops $1k on a sundae might need to re-evaluate their life, but I'm oh so fascinated by this. Maybe one day they'll let me test it out for the blog? Yeah?

 The moment we had been waiting for: dessert! We decided on the frozen hot chocolate and a sundae with hot fudge and caramel sauce. MMMMMM.

The frozen hot chocolate is the dessert they're best known for. I had expected it to taste basically like a milkshake. To my surprise, it actually tasted like hot chocolate....but frozen. Imagine that! (p.s. can you tell Caroline is also a blogger by all my shots with her camera in the background? ha)


I have to say the sundae was my favorite. I'm just a sucker for hot fudge. It was out of this world!

Look at all that drippy goodness.



So excited for Caroline to be coming to NYC for school this fall! You should all be too, because blog posts always get better when you have blogging friends around ;)

XO,
Lo

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment