Friday, May 23, 2014

Hundred Acres

This past week Mom was in town to celebrate her birthday. We fully celebrated with an Italian night and Broadway, but I still owed her a Mother's Day gift. Brunch seemed an obvious choice. That way I got to benefit too! ;) I have a long list of NYC restaurants I've been wanting to try. After some debating I landed on Hundred Acres. It's a farm to table, Southern infusion restaurant that's beautiful and nearby my apartment. (Not to mention, it's visited by a certain blonde socialite on Gossip Girl.) What's not to love?


The menu is always changing. You can count that the ingredients will always be fresh and your food will be delicious.

 

Subway tile and marble counters are both components of my future dream kitchen.

Bellinis to start, cin cin!

The space had lots of big windows that allowed the sun to pour through. They were beautiful, but proved to be a problem for my picture taking.


We just couldn't pass up the ricotta fritters. They're served warm and drizzled with honey and powdered sugar.


When I looked at the menu online this caught my eye, and I had been dreaming about it ever since: goat cheese bread pudding with spinach, poached eggs, and lemon butter. MMMMM

Mom went for the egg scramble with a bunch a fresh veggies and a big hunk of cornbread. Truly Southern.

In hindsight the fritters on top of the bread pudding on top of the cornbread might have been a little too decadent, but I don't regret it in the slightest.

After brunch we just happened to stumble upon a once a year street fair that was taking place just a couple blocks away from my apartment. It was a beautiful day and we needed to walk off our carbo-loaded brunch, so we decided to take a stroll. 


 How much is that doggie in the window??




XO,
Lo






Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment